EnEnglish DeDeutsch CsČesky
UNESCO route
Sights outside the route
Information centre

Contact details

Velké náměstí 115
767 01 Kroměříž
tel.: 573 321 408
e-mail: infocentrum@mesto-kromeriz.cz

Opening hours

May – September
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat, Sun 9am - 4pm
October – April
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat, Sun 9am - 2pm


Where to go in KroměřížUNESCO Tourist Route

Flower Garden

The Flower Garden, original name “Libosad”, represents a masterpiece of European garden art of the 17th century. It is a turning point between Italian Renaissance gardens and French gardens in Baroque-Classicist style such as, for example, Versailles. Today, the Flower Garden is virtually the only example of this type of composed complex in Europe. Bishop Karel II of Lichtenstein-Castelkorn ordered the building the garden outside the town walls and it was built by imperial architects between 1665 and 1675. Not even its later modifications by well-known architects, Anton Arche in 19th century and Pavel Janák in 20th century, changed its originality and the atmosphere of the time at which it was created. Hedge labyrinths, together with a 244 metre-long Colonnade, two historical greenhouses, a central pavilion (Rotunda) and flower and sculpture decorations, still offer plenty of surprising and unforgettable experiences.

Opening hours

The garden is open all year long, in summer 7am – 7pm, in winter 7am – 4pm. Entrance fee 30 CZK (reduced fee 25 CZK, 20 CZK, organized groups of pre-school children 10 CZK). Guided tours possible (commentaries on all architectonical monuments) at 10, 12, 2 and 4 o´clock, organized groups subject to pre-arrangement (supplementary charge 20 CZK). Dogs are not allowed in the garden.

More information: www.zamek-kromeriz.cz, phone: +420 573 502 011

Virtuální prohlídky

Photo gallery

Promotion of UNESCO monuments exploitation in Kroměříž and Ružomberok – information system